When it’s 90 degrees outside, like it has been here lately, the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven or be cooking over a hot stove. Using a slow-cooker is the perfect solution.
Beef Roast – 5-6 servings
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 lb. beef brisket or top round
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, chopped in 1-2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 c. beef broth
- 1 c. dry red wine
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Season beef generously with S&P and add to hot oil. Brown on all sides, 2-4 minutes per side. **You can shortcut this recipe and skip this step, and it will still turn out delicious.
- Place onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic, and bay leaves in bottom of crockpot and sprinkle with S&P. Then top with the beef. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Add broth and wine. If need be, pour a little more water in covering to about 3/4 up the beef.
- Cook on low 8 hours and then on high 1 more hour until beef is fork tender.
Be sure to remove the bay leaves. I also like to find the garlic cloves and, using a fork, smear them over the beef. Mmmm.